Monday, October 24, 2011

You don't ask for those Diamond rings...

The essential Halloween Dilemma.

Much like New Year's Eve, this holiday has infinite potential and usually comes nowhere close to achieving it.

I should really stop hoping. All the eyelash wishes and fingers crossed can't save this holiday for me.

Mind you, Halloween hasn't actually happened yet. At this you are all screaming to stop being so negative, but you don't get it, I know. All I can hope for is a good weekend and a good costume. But I want phenomenal. Selfish.

I had plans this year. I had an escape route. A fail safe. My fail safe failed.

And I have a midterm on Halloween. Curse you Mondays, you ruin everything.

What's even worse is that I got my hopes up at all. Now I will just think about what I could be doing--one thing I know I would enjoy, and probably remember forever. Even when I was little and Halloween was fun, it had its dark moments.

Tripping in the snow. Not having any friends to go with. The parkas over costumes.

Ah the costume back when they mattered more than candy--they still do, but I'm usually all dressed up with nowhere to go--and they were elaborate, well planned, and exactly what you wanted to be. A geisha, a goddess, a princess, a witch, even an enormous candy Kiss. (that last one was Rachel, not me).

Maybe if I dress up as a princess this year I will get my fairy godmother. Or a friend with incredible resources and wild abandon.

Okay, rant over now. So much for changing the focus of my blog.

1 comment: