Monday, January 2, 2012

Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie

I started this blog a year ago hoping it would make me write more. Really it just makes me angsty. So here is to a less angsty and what promises to be a much stranger year.

Yes, even if the zombies don't come.

A quick summary of this year's coming strangeness:
My best friend is getting married,
I will have a niece,
I will probably spend the last months of the year abroad.

And I know this will not be all. I've never been too good at resolutions, but I'd like to take all this weirdness and turn it into a better me. I am going to write more--not blogs, sorry, but stories and I am going to finish one. I am going to really get into a workout routine and get to a healthier place. I'm going to get a part time job and save up my money. But I am also going to have fun, even if it occasionally requires money. I'm going to take more risks, ranging from fashion to confidence and outgoing-ness. I'm going to read more books for fun. And get better at cooking. If someone recommends music, I'm going to listen to it more than once before making up my mind so I don't look back months later and think 'wow, why wasn't I listening to this all along' (I'm currently listening to The Civil Wars, one inspiration for the last one). I'm going to get better at French.

I'm sure there is more, and I'm sure most will fail, but these actually seem fairly realistic to me. The more difficult is figuring out my life for the next couple of years, a task I am far from completing. And besides the study abroad application with the impending deadline, I'm okay with that. I'm embracing the adventure. It is going to be a good year, I mean the Hunger Games movie is coming out, how could it not be. (Also Hallowed and the movie for Perks of Being a Wallflower hehe).

No comments:

Post a Comment