Saturday, January 1, 2011

oh what a way to start the new year

I've always had a battle with New Years Eve. The first one I really remember was the millenium and so naturally there was a huge party. Ever since I have expected it to be an exciting holiday. It hasn't been. My family tends to go to bed around nine. And yet every year I get unnecessarily excited. Another case of wishful thinking.
This year was still no Times Square. But it was better. Natalie M. and I planned to have an adventure. And after midnight we did. We convinced Justen to teach us to dance. We spent the next two or more hours spinning around on the stage in Sun Valley. (Sure I might have thrown up at one point, but hey you ahve to start the new year off with a bang, right?)
To be honest, I'm not ready to go back to school. I always wanted to go farther from home and experience somewhere new, but the longer I am home and with my family the more I hate leaving. I panicked before going to school last fall, but this time I know I'll be fine as soon as I am there. It's just a little adjustment now.
"Because we have 364 more days" A quote that used to appear everytime I turned on my old phone. It's from a song aptly named "New Year" by a band I am a little too in love with. Last year I listened to it as I fell asleep on New Years Eve. This year I just played it in my head, but I think it represents a new future but in a much more manageable time frame.

So here's to "I still have hope that this could be my year because we have 364 more days, one million chances left"

No comments:

Post a Comment